- Good practice: the Netherlands
- Book title
- "If you don’t understand what I mean…": interpreting in health and social care
- Pages (from-to)
- Utrecht: Centre for Social Policy and Intervention Studies
- Document type
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
- Amsterdam School of Communication Research (ASCoR)
- The Netherlands developed, provided and evaluated training for a group of general practitioners (GPs). We used cultural knowledge
and methods which were already available from the work of Hans Harmsen (2003; Harmsen et al., 2005b), and adapted it for the
training on interpreting. In this chapter an overview is given of the needs of the group of GPs and of the design and evaluation
of the training which was given in the fall of 2009.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.