- Attention battle: the abilities of brand, visual, and text characteristics of the ad to draw attention versus the diverting power of the direct magazine context
- Book title
- Advances in Advertising Research. - (Vol.2): breaking new ground in theory and practice
- Pages (from-to)
- Wiesbaden: Gabler
- Document type
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
- Amsterdam School of Communication Research (ASCoR)
- In the contemporary information jungle, it keeps getting harder for advertisers to be noticed. Advertisements that fail to
attract even the lowest levels of the attention cannot be effective. Therefore, advertisers try to find clever ways to catch
the eye of the consumer. Especially in magazines, advertisers need to come up with new ideas as the clutter of brands is high
and advertisements have to compete with the editorial content surrounding them.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.