- Design metrics and visualization techniques for analyzing the performance of MOEAs in DSE
- 11th International Conference on Embedded Computer Systems: Architectures, MOdeling and Simulation (SAMOS)
- Book/source title
- 2011 International Conference on Embedded Computer Systems, Architectures, Modeling, and Simulation : IC-SAMOS 2011
- Book/source subtitle
- July 18-21, 2011, Samos, Greece : proceedings
- Pages (from-to)
- Piscataway, NJ: IEEE
- ISBN (electronic)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
VMODEX is an interactive visualization tool to support system-level Design Space Exploration (DSE) of MPSoC architectures. It was initially developed to help designers to get insight into the search process of Multi-Objective Evolutionary Algorithms (MOEAs) that are typically used in the DSE process, and facilitates the analysis of the DSE results. In this paper, we extend VMODEX to help algorithm developers as well. Since there are many different MOEAs to search a design space and there is no conclusive answer regarding which algorithm is the best for a specific problem, finding the best optimization algorithm is a big challenge. However, using VMODEX, algorithm developers can easily evaluate and compare the results of different searching algorithms, for a given problem, with respect to their efficiency and effectiveness, in order to find the best optimization algorithm. Then, the best optimization results are delivered to the designers for analyzing the design space exploration process.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.