- Techniques and visualization approaches for analyzing local and global Pareto optimal sets in Multi-Objective Design Space Exploration
- ARCS 2011 - 24th International Conference on Architecture of Computing Systems
- Book/source title
- Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on Parallel Programming and Run-Time Management Techniques for Many-core Architectures (PARMA '11), in conjunction with ARCS 2011
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
VMODEX is an interactive visualization tool to support system-level Design Space Exploration (DSE) of MPSoC architectures. It provides insight into the search process of Multi-Objective Evolutionary Algorithms (MOEAs) that are typically used in the DSE process, and it facilitates the analysis of the DSE results. In this paper we extend VMODEX to enable designers to evaluate and compare the properties of the discovered design points in different subspaces of the explored design space. Several techniques and visualization methods are provided to compare different parts of the design space from various aspects. Furthermore, some Multi-Objective Decision Making (MODM) methods are utilized to help designers with understanding the trade-offs between different criteria and guide them towards the most appropriate solutions among the Pareto optimal solutions. Moreover, new visualization approaches are proposed, which provide the designer with the visual interpretation and detailed analysis of the results of the MODM methods.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.