- Yi zhi xing jiao yi zhe, fangdichan paomo yu fangdichan zhengce: jian lun zhongguo de fangdichan zhengci
- Journal of World Economy (Shi Jie Jing Ji)
- Volume | Issue number
- 2011 | 11
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB)
- Amsterdam School of Economics Research Institute (ASE-RI)
Based on the classical De Long et al (1990), we build a model of housing bubbles to
analyze the role of market imperfections (noise traders, liquidity constraint, limited liability and
weak property rights protections, etc) and their interactions in the formation of housing bubbles.
We show that the elasticity of housing supply, mortgage haircut, limited liability in credit market,
durability (e.g., quality or property rights security) of housing all play important roles in bubble
formation. Effective policies need to take into account the interactions of the policies under these
market imperfections. The paper ends up with some implications for China’s housing policies.
- English title: Heterogeneous Traders, Housing Bubbles and Policies
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.