- Active aging with collaborative networks
- IEEE Technology and Society Magazine
- Volume | Issue number
- 30 | 4
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
- Download CitationEmailPrintRequest PermissionsMany recent studies document a demographic shift towards an older and healthier population . The challenges posed by an aging society include care needs and social costs . Many elderly citizens, following retirement, quickly become marginalized, losing their social links, which often leads to loneliness. Some consider the elderly a cost burden, rather than a resource capable of "value creation" in the society.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.