- Using an ontology to automatically generate questions for the determination of situations
- 22nd International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications - DEXA 2011
- Book/source title
- Database and Expert Systems Applications Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Pages (from-to)
- Volume (Publisher)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
- We investigate whether the automatic generation of questions from an ontology leads to a trustworthy determination of a situation.
With our Situation Awareness Question Generator (SAQG) we automatically generate questions from an ontology. The experiment
shows that people with no previous experience can characterize hectic situations rather fast and trustworthy. When humans
are participating as a sensor to gather information it is important to use basic concepts of perception and thought.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.