- Cybernetic Serendipity Revisited: Interaction, Play & Fun from the Universe of Electronic Art to Metaverse
- ISEA 2011: 17th international Symposium on Electronic Art
- Book/source title
- ISEA 2011 Istanbul: the 17th international Symposium on Electronic Art: 14-21 September 2011: list of papers
- Istanbul: Sabancı University
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Humanities (FGw)
- Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis (ASCA)
- Since its first introduction, the concept of cybernetics spread widely through many branches of academy and percolated into the everyday life soon after. Even now, it continues to affect our social and cultural life greatly. Here, we will trace the impact of cybernetics on electronic art, and how this impact resonates with 21st centuries’ social online networks and metaverses in the idea of participation, co-creation, and constant flux.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.