- Three takes on grammatical relations: a view from the languages of Europe and North and Central Asia
- Book title
- Argument structure and grammatical relations: a crosslinguistic typology
- Pages (from-to)
- Amsterdam: Benjamins
- Studies in language companion series
- Volume | Edition (Serie)
- Document type
- Faculty of Humanities (FGw)
- Amsterdam Center for Language and Communication (ACLC)
- In this contribution we discuss three different approaches to grammatical relations (GR), all situated within the functional-typological
paradigm. Taking the major distinctions from these as a point of departure, we construct a three-way typology to classify
languages with respect to GRs. Finally, we locate the languages of Europe and North and Central Asia within this typology.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.