- Learning visual contexts for image annotation from Flickr groups
- IEEE Transactions on Multimedia
- Volume | Issue number
- 13 | 2
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
- We present an extension of automatic image annotation that takes the context of a picture into account. Our core assumption
is that users do not only provide individual images to be tagged, but group their pictures into batches (e.g., all snapshots
taken over the same holiday trip), whereas the images within a batch are likely to have a common style. These batches are
matched with categories learned from Flickr groups, and an accurate context-specific annotation is performed.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.