- The energy dependence of the ratio of step and terrace reactivity for H2 dissociation on stepped platinum
- Angewandte Chemie, International Edition
- Volume | Issue number
- 50 | 22
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Van 't Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences (HIMS)
- The fraction of dissociation processes fD for H2 on platinum that take place on low-coordinate sites of nanoparticles is strongly dependent on the gas temperature of the incoming molecules and on the diameter d of the nanoparticles (see picture). For high gas temperatures and large nanoparticles, dissociation occurs mostly on terraces. Therefore, assumptions that steps always dominate reaction in heterogeneous catalysis cannot be justified.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.