- The governance of macro-prudential taxation
- VOX : Research-based Policy Analysis and Commentary from leading Economists
- Document type
- Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB)
- Amsterdam Business School Research Institute (ABS-RI)
- What should an effective macro-prudential policy framework look like? This column argues that financial stability and macroeconomic
stability should be dealt with differently. One requires prompt corrective action; the other requires more gradual policy
intervention. Systemic levies offer a policy that can tighten financial discipline without the need for a large increase in
interest rates across the whole economy.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.