P. Di Marcantonio
- Performances of X-shooter, the new wide-band intermediate resolution spectrograph at the VLT
- Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- X-shooter is the first second-generation instrument newly commissioned a the VLT. It is a high efficiency single target intermediate resolution spectrograph covering the range 300 - 2500 nm in a single shot. We summarize the main characteristics of the instrument and present its performances as measured during commissioning and the first months of science operations.
- go to publisher's site
- ID: 478
Proceedings title: Ground-based and Airborne Instrumentation for Astronomy III, San Diego, California
Place of publication: Bellingham, WA
Editors: I.S. McLean, S.K. Ramsay, H. Takami
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.