- INTEGRAL/JEM-X detects an X-ray burst from SAX J1753.5-2349
- The astronomer's telegram
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- On March 24, 2010 at 01h33m08s (UTC) during an INTEGRAL monitoring observation of the Galactic bulge (see ATel #438), the X-ray monitor JEM-X detected an X-ray burst from the burst-only source SAX J1753.5-2349 (in 't Zand et al. 1998, arXiv:astro-ph/9802304). This event lasted about 20 s, and reached a peak flux of 2.9 +/- 0.8 Crab (3-25 keV) after a relatively long rise time of 9 s.
- ID: 461
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.