- From Green IT to Sustainable Value: The Path-Dependent Construction of Sustainable Innovation
- Academy of Management. Annual Meeting Proceedings
- Volume | Issue number
- 2010 | 1
- Number of pages
- Document type
- Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB)
- Amsterdam Business School Research Institute (ABS-RI)
The article discusses the use of the sustainable value perspective in the development of a framework that extends the green information technology/information science (IT/IS) discourse beyond ecological considerations to include social, environmental and economic value as worth and value as norms. An analysis of the path-dependent nature and the sociomateriality of sustainable value creation in the automotive industry is presented. It is also suggested that sustainable value creation necessitates a concerted effort among all stakeholders to reshape existing norms and values, to create new standards, and to reshape work systems for diffusing sustainable technologies.
- go to publisher's site
- Proceedings title: Dare to care: Academy of Management, Montreal 2010: 2010 Annual Meeting proceedings: August 6-10, 2010,
Publisher: Academy of Management
Place of publication: [Briarcliff Manor, N.Y.]
Editors: L.A. Toombs
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.