- Suggesting model fragments for sentences in Dutch laws
- CEUR Workshop Proceedings
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Law (FdR)
- Leibniz Center for Law (FdR)
- A main issue in the field of artificial intelligence and law is the translation of source of law that are written in natural
language into formal models of law. This article describes a step in that transformation: the creation of models for individual
sentences in a source of law.
The approach uses a natural language parse to analyse the sentence, and then translates the resulting parse tree to a formal model, using both generic and law-specific attributes.
- Proceedings title: Proceedings of the 4th Workshop on Legal Ontologies and Artificial Intelligence Techniques: European University
Institute, Fiesole, Florence, Italy, July 7, 2010
Place of publication: Aachen
Editors: E. Francesconi, S. Montemagni, P. Rossi, D. Tiscornia