- Overview of the INEX 2010 Book Track: At the mercy of crowdsourcing
- 9th International Workshop of the INitiative for the Evaluation of XML retrieval (INEX 2010), Vught, the Netherlands
- Book/source title
- INEX 2010 workshop pre-proceedings
- Pages (from-to)
- Amsterdam: IR Publications
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Interfacultary Research Institutes
- Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC)
The goal of the INEX 2010 Book Track is to evaluate approaches for supporting users in reading, searching, and navigating the full texts of digitized books. The investigation is focused around four tasks: 1) the Book Retrieval (Best Books to Reference) task aims at comparing traditional and book-specific retrieval approaches, 2) the Focused Book Search (Prove It) task evaluates focused retrieval approaches for searching books, 3) the Structure Extraction task tests automatic techniques for deriving structure from OCR and layout information, and 4) the Active Reading task aims to explore suitable user interfaces for eBooks enabling reading, annotation, review, and summary across multiple books. We report on the setup and the results of the track.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.