- Cluster computing as an assembly process: coordination with S-Net
- 10th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid 2010), Melbourne, Australia
- Book/source title
- Cluster, Grid and Cloud Computing, 10th IEEE/ACM International Symposium (CCGrid2010)
- Pages (from-to)
- Los Alamitos, CA, USA: IEEE Computer Society
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
This poster will present a coordination language for distributed computing and will discuss its application to cluster computing. It will introduce a programming technique of cluster computing whereby application components are completely dissociated from the communication/coordination infrastructure (unlike MPI-style message passing), and there is no shared memory either, whether virtual or physical (unlike Open-MP). Cluster computing is thus presented as something that happens as late as the assembly stage: components are integrated into an application using a new form of network glue: Single-Input, Single-Output (SISO) asynchronous, no deterministic coordination.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.