J.M. ten Cate
- Proceedings: 9th world congress on preventive dentistry (WCPD): "community participation and globala alliances for lifelong oral health for all," Phuket, Thailand, September 7-10, 2009
- Advances in Dental Research
- Volume | Issue number
- 22 | 1
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Dentistry (ACTA)
Background of the congress:
The International Association for Dental Research (IADR) hosted the 9 th World Congress on Preventive Dentistry (WCPD) in Phuket, Thailand in September, 2009. Previous WCPD’s have been held approximately once every four years and are held in different parts of the world to communicate the latest research findings that can have a positive impact on dental public health and to fulfill part of IADR’s Mission, "to facilitate the communication and application of research findings."
The theme for the 9 th WCPD was "Community Participation and Global Alliances for Lifelong Oral Health for All." The IADR partnered with many organizations from the public health, practice, research, and education communities—both globally and locally—to maximize the impact of the meeting.
Given the growing body of scientific evidence linking oral health to general health and the quality of life, the WCPD sought to:
* build coalitions to implement the WHO Resolution (2007), Oral health: action plan for promotion and integrated disease prevention;
* continue the work of the 8 th WCPD’s Liverpool Declaration and build on the science base for evidence-based approaches to promoting oral health at the community, national, regional, and global levels;
*encourage the integration of oral health promotion and oral disease prevention policies into wider health promotion activities, including, but not limited to, a common risk factor approach;
*provide networking opportunities for the scientific interchange of best practices for oral health promotion;
*provide a platform for preventive dentistry research and successful implementation of evidence-based oral health promotion policies, especially from developing countries; and
*improve the quality of life of people worldwide through optimal oral health.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.