- Extensive questioning games
- ILCLI International Workshop on Logic and Philosophy of Knowledge, Communication and Action (LogKCA-10), Donostia-San Sebastián, Spain
- Book/source title
- Proceedings of LogKCA-10 - ILCLI International Workshop on Logic and Philosophy of Knowledge, Communication and Action, Donostia-San Sebastián, Spain
- Bilbao: UPV-EHU
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Interfacultary Research Institutes
- Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC)
Extensive Question Games (EQGs) are defined and their properties are studied. EQGs are games in extensive form associated with an epistemic-issue model (EIM) in which moves of players are questions. Questioning moves change the underlying EIM by refining players’ issue-relations. Utilities are derived from making goal-formulas true in the EIM obtained after a final issue-management action of resolution.
Formal properties of EQGs are investigated and standard game-theoretic solution-concepts are introduced and studied in the context of EQGs. Various modeling options are discussed and some conceptual clarifications are provided. Finally, the possibility of describing strategic abilities in EQGs using a logical language is also investigated.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.