- Negation and polarity: an introduction
- Natural language and linguistic theory
- Volume | Issue number
- 28 | 4
- Pages (from-to)
- Number of pages
- Document type
- Faculty of Humanities (FGw)
- Amsterdam Center for Language and Communication (ACLC)
- This introduction addresses some key issues and questions in the study of negation and polarity. Focussing on negative polarity
and negative indefinites, it summarizes research trends and results. Special attention is paid to the issues of synchronic
variation and diachronic change in the realm of negative polarity items, which figure prominently in the articles and commentaries
contained in this special issue.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.