- Topical diversity and relevance feedback
- NIST Special Publication
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
- We describe the participation of the University of Amsterdam’s Intelligent Systems Lab in the relevance feedback track at TREC 2009. Our main conclusion for the relevance feedback track is that a topical diversity approach provides good feedback documents. Further, we find that our relevance feedback algorithm seems to help most when there are sufficient relevant documents available.
- Proceedings title: Proceedings of the Eighteenth Text REtrieval Conference (TREC 2009)
Place of publication: Gaithersburg, MD
Editors: E.M. Voorhees, L.P. Buckland
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.