- What you say is who you are: how open government data facilitates profiling politicians
- 5th Open Knowledge Conference (OKCon 2010), London, UK
- Book/source title
- Proceedings 5th Open Knowledge Conference, London 2010 (OKCon 2010)
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
- A system is proposed and implemented that creates a language model for each member of the Dutch parliament, based on the official
transcripts of the meetings of the Dutch Parliament. Using expert finding techniques, the system allows users to retrieve
a ranked list of politicians, based on queries like news messages.
The high quality of the system is due to extensive data cleaning and transformation which could have been avoided when it had been available in an open machine readable format.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.