A. del Cura
- ePAL roadmap for active ageing: a collaborative networks approach to extending professional life
- 4th International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare (Pervasive Health 2010), Munich, Germany
- Book/source title
- Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare (Pervasive Health 2010), Munich, Germany
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
Active ageing, through a balanced combination of leisure and social interaction with continued work involvement, is central to meeting older citizens expectations, and maintaining their mental and physical health. Application of the collaborative networks paradigm, and the new generation of collaboration-support platforms and tools, can offer a promising approach to supporting active ageing, and can facilitate better use of the talents and potential of retired or retiring senior professionals. This paper introduces the results of a roadmapping initiative addressing the implementation of a new vision for extending professional active life. To support this vision, a strategic research plan for the development of a new digital ecosystem, covering the social, organizational, and technological perspectives, is proposed. A large number of stakeholders coming from different backgrounds have contributed to the design and validation of this roadmap.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.