- Keep Moving! Revisiting Thumbnails for Mobile Video Retrieval
- 2010 ACM International Conference on Multimedia
- Book/source title
- MM '10: proceedings of the ACM Multimedia 2010 International Conference: October 25-29, 2010, Firenze, Italy
- Pages (from-to)
- New York, NY: Association for Computing Machinery
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
- Motivated by the increasing popularity of video on handheld devices and the resulting importance for effective video retrieval, this paper revisits the relevance of thumbnails in a mobile video retrieval setting. Our study indicates that users are quite able to handle and assess small thumbnails on a mobile's screen - especially with moving images - suggesting promising avenues for future research in design of mobile video retrieval interfaces.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.