N. van Sas
- Geschiedenis - herinnering - identiteit: de historici en het Nationaal Historisch Museum
- Translated title
- History – Memory – Identity. The Historians and the National Historical Museum
- Bijdragen en Mededelingen betreffende de Geschiedenis der Nederlanden
- Volume | Issue number
- 124 | 3
- Pages (from-to)
- Number of pages
- Document type
- Faculty of Humanities (FGw)
- Amsterdam Institute for Humanities Research (AIHR)
The NHM project is part of an international trend among similar museums, such as the new Deutsches Historisches Museum in Berlin. This, however, is seen to be a rather bland compromise. For its part, the concept of Five Worlds which was proposed by the NHM directors seems to be void of any sense of time and chronology. As has been suggested here, this new presentation of Dutch history should be mainly along chronological lines, making good use of authentic objects and their undeniable magic. It should also attempt to counter the present climate of historical disorientation and indeed chronophobia.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.