- Combining candidate and document models for expert search
- 17th Text REtrieval Conference (TREC 2008), Gaithersburg, MD, USA
- Book/source title
- The seventeenth Text REtrieval Conference (TREC 2008) proceedings
- Gaithersburg, MD, USA: National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
We describe our participation in the TREC 2008 Enterprise track and detail our language modeling-based approaches. For document search, our focus was on query expansion using profiles of top ranked experts and on document priors. We found that these techniques result in small, but noticeable improvements over our baseline method. For expert search, we combine candidate- and document-based models, and also bring in web evidence. We found that the combined models significantly and consistently outperformed our very competitive baseline models.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.