- Findings of the 2009 Workshop on Statistical Machine Translation
- 4th Workshop on Statistical Machine Translation, Athens, Greece
- Book/source title
- Proceedings of the Fourth Workshop on Statistical Machine Translation, Athens, Greece
- Pages (from-to)
- Morristown, NJ: Association for Computational Linguistics
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
This paper presents the results of the WMT09 shared tasks, which included a translation task, a system combination task, and an evaluation task. We conducted a large-scale manual evaluation of 87 machine translation systems and 22 system combination entries. We used the ranking of these systems to measure how strongly automatic metrics correlate with human judgments of translation quality, for more than 20 metrics. We present a new evaluation technique whereby system output is edited and judged for correctness.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.