- Agent-based simulation in entrepreneurship research
- 2009 Academy of Management Meeting, Chicago, IL, USA
- Book/source title
- Proceedings of the 2009 Academy of Management Meeting, Chicago, IL
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB)
- Amsterdam Business School Research Institute (ABS-RI)
Agent-based modeling (ABM) has wide applications in natural and social sciences yet it has not been widely applied in entrepreneurship research. We discuss the nature of ABM, its position among conventional methodologies and then offer a roadmap for developing, testing and extending theories of entrepreneurship using ABM approach. A potential ABM project is discussed for illustrative purposes and focuses on the clash between effectual and causal logics. We conclude with implications for future research in entrepreneurship.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.