- The DCFR and consumer protection: an economic assessment
- Book title
- Economic analysis of the DCFR: the work of the economic impact group within the CoPECL
- Pages (from-to)
- München: Sellier
- Document type
- Interfacultary Research Institutes
Faculty of Law (FdR)
- Amsterdam Center for Law & Economics (ACLE)
Amsterdam Center for European Law and Governance (ACELG)
- This paper will discuss consumer protection in the DCFR. It will screen the DCFR and its model of consumer protection through the lens of economic analysis. The assessment will examine the general role of mandatory rules, which justification grounds they are based on and how this general model is reflected in the specific consumer rules of the DCFR. The paper explains the economic function of mandatory rules and subjects the DCFR to the criteria of economic analysis.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.