- Detecting domestic violence: Showcasing a knowledge browser based on formal concept analysis and emergent self organizing maps
- 11th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS 2009), Milan, Italy
- Book/source title
- ICEIS 2009: Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, Volume AIDSS: Milan, Italy, May 6-10, 2009
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB)
- Amsterdam Business School Research Institute (ABS-RI)
Over 90% of the case data from police inquiries is stored as unstructured text in police databases. We use the combination of Formal Concept Analysis and Emergent Self Organizing Maps for exploring a dataset of unstructured police reports out of the Amsterdam-Amstelland police region in the Netherlands. In this paper, we specifically aim at making the reader familiar with how we used these two tools for browsing the dataset and how we discovered useful patterns for labelling cases as domestic or as non-domestic violence.
- 06-05-2009 nog toevoegen aan datum-vanaf-veld
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.