- Generative re-ranking model for dependency parsing of Italian sentences
- 11th Conference of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence (EVALITA 2009), Reggio Emilia, Italy
- Book/source title
- Poster and workshop proceedings of the 11th Conference of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence (EVALITA 2009), 12th December 2009, Reggio Emilia, Italy
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Interfacultary Research Institutes
- Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC)
We present a general framework for dependency parsing of Italian sentences based on a combination of discriminative and generative models. We use a state-of-the-art discriminative model to obtain a k-best list of candidate structures for the test sentences, and use the generative model to compute the probability of each candidate, and select the most probable one. We present the details of the specific generative model we have employed for the EVALITA'09 task. Results show that by using the generative model we gain around 1% in labeled accuracy (around 7% error reduction) over the discriminative model.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.