G.S. de Hoog
Z.W. de Beer
- Fatal Ophiostoma piceae infection in a patient with acute lymphoblastic leukemia
- Journal of Medical Microbiology
- Volume | Issue number
- 58 | 3
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics (IBED)
- We report to our knowledge the first case of human infection with Ophiostoma piceae. This Sporothrix schenckii-related fungus caused disseminated infection involving the lung and the brain in a patient with lymphoblastic lymphoma. The case emphasizes the significance of molecular techniques for identification of rare fungi in the clinical microbiology laboratory.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.