- Attention! 'Might' in inquisitive semantics
- Proceedings from Semantics and Linguistic Theory
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Interfacultary Research Institutes
- Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC)
- This paper points out that the notion of meaning propounded by inquisitive semantics is not only suited to capture both informative and inquisitive content, but also a sentence's potential to draw attention to certain possibilities. This gives rise to a novel analysis of might.
- go to publisher's site
- Proceedings title: Proceedings of the 19th Semantics and Linguistic Theory Conference, held April 3-5, 2009 at The Ohio State
Publisher: Linguistic Society of America
Place of publication: Washington, DC
Editors: E. Cormany, S. Ito, D. Lutz
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.