- Religie, Bijbel en geweld
- Hervormde Teologiese Studies
- Number of pages
- Issue number
- Document type
- Faculty of Humanities (FGw)
- Amsterdam Institute for Humanities Research (AIHR)
- This contribution is the slightly adapted introductory lecture given at the conference on the New Testament and Violence held
in Stellenbosch from 21-23 January 2008. The lecture offers a personal survey of some of the recent contributions with regard
to the nexus
of religion and violence and their relevance for New Testament studies. The work of René Girard, Regina Schwartz, Mark Juergensmeyer and J Howard Ellens is discussed in particular.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.