- The effect of linguistic devices in information presentation messages on comprehension and recall
- 12th European Workshop on Natural Language Generation (ENLG 2009), Athens, Greece
- Book/source title
- 12th European Workshop on Natural Language Generation: Proceedings of the workshop
- Pages (from-to)
- Morristown, NJ: Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
- In this paper we examine the effect of linguistic devices on recall and comprehension in information presentation using both recall and eye-tracking data. In addition, the results were validated via an experiment using Amazon's Mechanical Turk micro-task environment.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.