F.S. de Boer
- Modular verification of recursive programs
- Book title
- Languages: from formal to natural: Essays dedicated to Nissim Francez on the occasion of his 65th birthday
- Pages (from-to)
- Number of pages
- Berlin: Springer
- Lecture notes in computer science
- Volume | Edition (Serie)
- Document type
- Interfacultary Research Institutes
- Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC)
- We argue that verification of recursive programs by means of the assertional method of C.A.R. Hoare can be conceptually simplified using a modular reasoning. In this approach some properties of the program are established first and subsequently used to establish other program properties. We illustrate this approach by providing a modular correctness proof of the Quicksort program.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.