- Semidefinite functions on categories
- The Electronic Journal of Combinatorics
- Volume | Issue number
- 16 | 2
- Pages (from-to)
- Number of pages
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics (KdVI)
- Freedman, Lovász and Schrijver characterized graph parameters that can be represented as the (weighted) number of homomorphisms into a fixed graph. Several extensions of this result have been proved. We use the framework of categories to prove a general theorem of this kind. Similarly as previous results, the characterization uses certain infinite matrices, called connection matrices, which are required to be positive semidefinite.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.