- Using links to classify Wikipedia pages
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Interfacultary Research Institutes
- Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC)
- This paper contains a description of experiments for the 2008 INEX XML-mining track. Our goal for the XML-mining track is to explore whether we can use link information to improve classification accuracy. Our approach is to propagate category probabilities over linked pages. We find that using link information leads to marginal improvements over a baseline that uses a Naive Bayes model. For the initially misclassified pages, link information is either not available or contains too much noise.
- go to publisher's site
- Proceedings title: Advances in focused retrieval: 7th International Workshop of the Initiative for the Evaluation of XML Retrieval,
INEX 2008, Dagstuhl Castle, Germany, December 15-18, 2008: revised and selected papers
Place of publication: Berlin
Editors: S. Geva, J. Kamps, A. Trotman
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.