- Finding entities in Wikipedia using links and categories
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Interfacultary Research Institutes
- Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC)
In this paper we describe our participation in the INEX Entity Ranking track. We explored the relations between Wikipedia pages, categories and links. Our approach is to exploit both category and link information. Category information is used by calculating distances between document categories and target categories. Link information is used for relevance propagation and in the form of a document link prior. Both sources of information have value, but using category information leads to the biggest improvements.
- go to publisher's site
- Proceedings title: Advances in focused retrieval: 7th International Workshop of the Initiative for the Evaluation of XML Retrieval,
INEX 2008, Dagstuhl Castle, Germany, December 15-18, 2008: revised and selected papers
Place of publication: Berlin
Editors: S. Geva, J. Kamps, A. Trotman
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.