- Macroscopic quantum fluctuations of scaling solutions
- Nuclear Physics B-Proceedings Supplement
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Institute for Theoretical Physics Amsterdam (ITFA)
- In this short note AdS/CFT techniques are used to argue that certain smooth supergravity solutions cannot, in fact, be thought of as "good" semiclassical states as they suffer from macroscopic quantum fluctuations. Such a breakdown of effective field theory intuition is a potentially quite important in resolving information loss.
- go to publisher's site
- Proceedings title: CARGESE 2008: Theory and particle physics: the LHC perspective and beyond: Proceedings of the ESF School
in High Energy Physics and Astrophysics
Place of publication: Amsterdam
Editors: L. Baulieu, J. de Boer, M. Douglas, E. Rabinovici, P. Vanhove, P. Windey
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.