- RXTE PCA and Swift BAT detects the millisecond pulsar Swift J1756.9-2508 in outburst
- The astronomer's telegram
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- We report a detection of increased activity of the accreting millisecond X-ray pulsar Swift J1756.9-2508 observed with the RXTE-PCA monitoring on July 8, 9hr UTC. Increased flux is detected simultaneously on the Swift-BAT camera. RXTE-PCA follow up observations starting on July 13, 23hr UTC, detected the source in the 2-16 keV band at a flux level of approximately 19 mCrab, rising to 22 mCrab on July 14, 2hr UTC.
- RXTE PCA and Swift BAT detects the Millisecond Pulsar Swift J1756.9-2508 in Outburst
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.