M. van der Klis
- Discovery of the shortest recurrence time between thermonuclear X-ray bursts
- The astronomer's telegram
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- An RXTE observation of 4U 1636-536 taken on March 10th, 2009, revealed two type I X-ray bursts from this well studied neutron star low-mass X- ray binary (NS-LMXB). The recurrence time (wait time) between the two events, 5.4 minutes, is the shortest observed in any NS-LMXB.
- Discovery of the shortest recurrence time between thermonuclear X- ray bursts
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.