- Magnetic fields in O-type stars measured with FORS 1 at the VLT
- Proceedings of the International Astronomical Union
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- The presence of magnetic fields in O-type stars has been suspected for a long time. The discovery of such fields would explain a wide range of well documented enigmatic phenomena in massive stars, in particular cyclical wind variability, Hα emission variations, chemical peculiarity, narrow X-ray emission lines and non-thermal radio/X-ray emission. Here we present the results of our studies of magnetic fields in O-type stars, carried out over the last years.
- go to publisher's site
- DOI: 10.1017/S1743921309030762; eprintid: arXiv:0901.3307
Proceedings title: IAU Symposium 259: Cosmic magnetic fields: from planets, to stars and galaxies
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
Place of publication: Cambridge
Editors: K.G. Strassmeier, A.G. Kosovichev, J.E. Beckman
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.