- On the Leitmann equivalent problem approach
- Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications
- Volume | Issue number
- 142 | 1
- Number of pages
- Document type
- Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB)
- Amsterdam School of Economics Research Institute (ASE-RI)
- The purpose of this paper is to show how Leitmann’s equivalent problem
approach ties in with the classical notions of the calculus of variations and how it
can be exploited to give a rapid and elegant approach to the Weierstrass theory of
sufficient conditions. Fixed, free and constrained endpoint conditions are considered.
Keywords Calculus of variations · Equivalent problems · Rectifying coordinates ·
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.