- Persistence of chironomids in metal polluted environments
- Proceedings of the Netherlands Entomological Society Meeting
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics (IBED)
- Chironomid community composition of sites in the Dommel differing in metal contamination was compared and linked to the cadmium concentration in individual larvae. Chironomid community composition was determined using mitochondrial cytochrome oxidase I sequencing. We demonstrated that metal contamination resulted in shifts in community composition: the reference and polluted site shared only one taxon and the polluted site was inhabited by taxa which were better capable of handling cadmium.
- Proceedings title: Proceedings of the Netherlands Entomological Society meeting: Volume 20
Publisher: Nederlandse Entomologische Vereniging
Place of publication: Amsterdam
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.