- prep: an agony in five fits
- Journal of Mathematical Psychology
- Volume | Issue number
- 53 | 4
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
- Psychology Research Institute (PsyRes)
- In 2005 Psychological Science, the flagship journal of the Association for Psychological Science, began their current practice of asking contributors to compute the statistic in lieu of the traditional p-value. In a polemic comprising five Fits we argue that is misnamed, commonly miscalculated, misapplied outside a narrow scope, and its large variability often produces values that invite mistrust and mislead the interpretation of data.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.