- A declarative approach to multi-layer path finding based on semantic network descriptions
- 13th international conference on Optical Network Design and Modeling (ONDM 2009), Braunschweig, Germany
- Book/source title
- Proceedings of the 13th international conference on Optical Network Design and Modeling
- Piscataway, NJ: IEEE
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
With the increasing demand for dynamic network connections between multiple research networks, a number of issues on multi-layer hybrid networks need to be addressed, such as network representation, path finding, and path provisioning. This paper focuses on solving the multi-layer path finding problem by a declarative approach. The declarative approach uses Prolog and is compared to an imperative algorithm in Python that was published earlier. We present semantic web technologies to describe the multi-layer network and introduce the complexity of the path finding problem with a typical multi-layer network example.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.