R. van Dam
- Transition starts with people: self-organising communities ADM and Golf Residence Dronten
- Book title
- Transitions towards sustainable agriculture and food chains in peri-urban areas
- Pages (from-to)
- Wageningen: Wageningen Academic Publishers
- Document type
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
- Amsterdam School of Communication Research (ASCoR)
In this chapter we explore the transition of societal organisation from heavy reliance on the
state towards self-organisation by citizens in communities. We explore how this transition
manifests itself by analysing two cases of self-organising communities in the Netherlands.
The case studies of the ADM squatter community in Amsterdam and Golf Residence in
Dronten show how these communities of self-organising citizens created their own residential arrangements and took the initiative in developing a unique spatial environment. By looking closely at these two forms of self-organising communities, we can enhance our knowledge about transitions and public management.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.