- All that has melted into bits and bytes becomes solid
- Journal of Chinese Cinemas
- Volume | Issue number
- 3 | 1
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
Faculty of Humanities (FGw)
- Amsterdam School of Communication Research (ASCoR)
Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis (ASCA)
- Utopian and dystopian narratives often abound in analyses of current processes of convergence and digitization of cinema.
We argue that such analyses run the danger of amplifying the ruptures and discontinuities while ignoring continuities. In
particular, the material, tangible and sociable dimension of film production and consumption ought to be included in (Chinese)
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.